Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thankfulness--Day 16

Today I am thankful for HannahKate. She's thirteen, but I think she's a remarkable young lady. Of course, I am her mother; but she's the kind of kid I'd like even if she wasn't mine. Here is what she has to say about herself. (This is probably as close to having a guest blogger as I'm going to get...and I stole it from her myspace profile)

Hey this is Hannah. Some people call me HannahKate. Some things you should know:
1st, and most important, I live for God. I strongly believe he is our savior. He died on the cross to save us from our sins and thought of you and me,actually pictured our faces while he hung in pain on the rugged cross. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." I believe he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED. My parents don't MAKE me go to church, its my choice to go and I love it. I believe God put us on this earth to be examples of him. John 13:15 "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you." I don't hold grudges. I follow the golden rule as closely as I can. Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you." I DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, CUSS!!! Cussing is for messed up people who aren't creative enough to find some other way to express themselves.
2nd: I love my friends and family soooo much. I have lots of friends. [sara(sbf)] lol. I’m always texting them and love talking to them. I’m always up to making new friends so send me a message and i'll give you my number.
3rd: I am taken. ♥♥♥♥♥
4th: I absolutely L-O-V-E music. I don’t know what I would do with out it.
5th: Say whatever you want about me cuz i don't care. God is the only one who can judge me. Yeah, I don't wear lots of makeup, i don't like to fix my hair or wear dresses but who cares? Good for you if you do care. Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
6th: I love sports. I played volley-ball, basket-ball, and was on the track team last year in 7th grade. (Hated track.) I love to be outside.
Well that’s me in a nutshell. Message me, IM me, text me, call me. I would love to talk to you!!!


See what I mean? She's a pretty neat kid. For this and so much more, I am very thankful.

3 comments:

Kimberly Carpenter said...

What a testimony for her to profess on something so simple as a profile discription! She is such a sweet girl!

Paige said...

I remember at my baby shower the poem she gave me about Jillian growing up to be like me, I remember being so touched that little Hannah thought so much of me. We love HannahKate so much and I am so grateful that she is in my girl's life...maybe they will grow to be like her.

Anonymous said...

HannahKate has always had a very special place in my heart; such a tiny little thing when you two "came home" to HTBC. How she has grown into such a beautiful young lady, in so many ways! You and Joel are so fortunate to have her. Cheryl H.