Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankfulness--Day 11

Today I am thankful for our Armed Forces. It is Veteran's Day. A day to remember those who have fought for our freedom and served our country. I am especially thankful for the men and women who are currently serving. They put Party ties and political rhetoric aside to place their lives on the line every day. Regardless of whether we support the war, we must support them while they are away as well as when they return. I honestly believe, no matter how unpopular it may be, that if they weren't "over there", they'd be "right here" fighting this battle on our soil. Mark, my friend Paige's husband, is serving his third tour in Iraq. He has a beautiful wife and two of the most adorable kids you've ever seen. As difficult as it is to be away from them, I hope he realizes that his family, and mine, sleeps safely tonight because of his sacrifice. For this and so much more, I am very thankful.

No comments: