Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thankfulness--Day 2

Today, I am thankful for Texas Tech University. The #7 Red Raiders beat the #1 Longhorns last night to rise to the #2 position in the AP poll. It was the most amazing game ever! (Of course, I'm well-aware that this rank will most probably be short-lived. Red Raiders aren't necessarily known for their consistency.) Texas Tech is my alma mater. But what I'm most thankful for is the emphasis my parents placed on education. When I was growing up, it was understood that I would attend college. I was seven years old before I learned that it wasn't illegal to get married before you graduated. Seriously. My parents, and Joel's too, saved and sacrificed so that we could go to school without worrying about finances. Joel even went on to get a Master of Divinity from seminary. We were able to begin our married lives equipped with our college degrees and without the burden of student loans hanging over us. Our parents gave us a tremendous gift. For this and so much more, I am very thankful.

No comments: