Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankfulness--Day 10

Today I am thankful for my in-laws. I've mentioned before that not only do I pray for my girls' future spouses, but also their future in-laws. This is why. My husband's parents have been such a blessing to me, that I pray the same for my girls. Poppy is a man of integrity if ever there was one. He is tall in stature and in presence. One word from him and my girls go from little devils to perfect angels. He is faithful and devoted to his church and his God. A man of prayer as well as a man of action. My mother-in-law is a small woman with a gigantic heart. She is always making a pie for someone or tending her little aged adopted widow. She loves her family fiercely. She spoils my girls to no end and loves every minute of it. She spends quality time with them doing art projects, painting fingernails and even playing tennis. She is the most organized pack-rat you'll ever find. She has every award ribbon, school project, newspaper article and keepsake from her boys' childhood. Yet her house is always in order and she knows right where to find things. (I can't even keep up with the girls' homework assignments from yesterday, much less things from 35 years ago!) They have welcomed me into their family in such a way that I don't feel like an "in-law", I just feel like a "daughter." For this and so much more, I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Kimberly Carpenter said...

So sweet! I feel the same way about my in-laws. God blessed me with a family that loves me like their own and encourages and prays for me. What a blessing! And, we love each other's company. We actually go on vacations together because we enjoy each other.