Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simply the Best--Day 3


I didn't read as much this year for some reason (um, probably Facebook), but the BEST book I read in 2009 was Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall. I bought it to take on a trip in May, thinking it would be a "light, fluffy read". I could not have been further from the truth. I was completely unprepared for the way it would move and challenge me. I think the snooty business man sitting next to me in first class was also unprepared for the way it moved me~I was literally sobbing and could not regain my composure. He put his headphones in and pretended I wasn't there. Anyway, if you haven't read it, beg, borrow or buy it ASAP. (Just keep plenty of tissues on hand and don't sit next to a stranger on a plane while reading it.)

4 comments:

Kimberly Carpenter said...

I've been wanting to read that one for a while...maybe I will get to it soon. :)

themil10s said...

Someone I work with said the book caused her to have a very similar reaction. Despite her recommendation, I have not yet managed to place the book into my reading pile. Perhaps I should.

-jmm

Paisley said...

I had not heard of it but you have intrigued me. I plan to check it out.

Paige said...

I have your copy by the way...pretty sure it is buried in the deep abis that is my storage unit. I will get it back to you..this year.