Friday, January 22, 2010

Simply the Best--Day 22

Some of the BEST memories I have growing up are the slumber parties I'd have each year for my birthday. My dad always said they should be called "slumber-less parties" because there wasn't a lot of sleep going on. Tonight, Hallie has four of her BEST little buddies over to celebrate her 10th birthday. We've eaten pizza, opened presents, had cake, done two art projects, painted nails and sang karaoke. And its only 10:30. I'm about done. Now they are going to make their beds in tents upstairs and turn on a movie. Hopefully, this means they are about done, too. I doubt it, but they are just 10. I think we have another year or two before we have to start worrying about bras in the freezer or toothpaste on the face of the first one asleep.

On second thought, I better go hide my bras.

1 comment:

Cheryl Hyatt said...

Slumberless parties were always the best! I am so happy you have continued this tradition for your girls.