Sunday, January 10, 2010

Simply the Best--Day 10

My BEST purchase last year was most definitely a MacBook. I've always been a PCer, but Joel made the switch to Mac a few years ago and finally convinced me. I saved my pennies from making jewelry so I could buy it all by myself. Apple was running a deal that included a free iPod Touch with the purchase of a MacBook. I must admit, I was almost more excited about the Touch. I absolutely love it.
At first I wasn't so sure about the Mac, which I call Kevin. (Joel said I needed to "name the computer" during setup. I thought Kevin sounded nice and I've never met a Kevin I didn't like. I didn't realize that most people name their computers "Mom's laptop" or "Home computer".) I'm no technology genius, but I knew just enough to figure out ways to "trick" my PC into doing what I wanted. Not that I outsmarted the machine by any means; but if I didn't know the right way to do something, I could usually figure out another way around that still accomplished my goal. Not so much with Kevin. Its either his way, or not at all. He is smarter than me...way smarter. We got off to a rocky start, but now I believe we have a mutual respect for each other. I'm a Steve Jobs convert. Yep, Kevin's the BEST!

No comments: