Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Like Ike

Please don't think I'm unaware of the devastation that is currently being wrought by Hurricane Ike. I kept the TV on all night to listen for updates on his progress. I've prayed for those I know as well as those I do not know who are in his path. I realize that peoples' lives have been changed forever and that the life they knew yesterday now no longer exists. I understand that millions of people are without electricity at this very moment and possibly might be for 2-3 weeks. I'm not at all excited about the imminent price spike at the gas pumps. But since I like to see my glass as half full instead of half empty, here's the silver lining. There's just something about being "hunkered down" in my cozy little home that appeals to me. Joel should be home in an hour or so and the girls' activities have been cancelled so all my people are with me. We have food on hand, so lunch and dinner are covered. We have absolutely no obligations today. What a luxury to get out of the shower and put on my flannel flamingo pajamas as my outfit for the day! So, I'm settled in with my people, some food for sustenance, my pajamas, and steady rain falling outside...I think I'm having an "International Foods Coffee" moment. Do I plan to get even one thing accomplished today? No. I do not. I like Ike.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I had these same thoughts this morning:) So nice to have a day of no obligation and PJ's...awww!