Thursday, September 25, 2008

BA--Bloggers Anonymous

I might be addicted to blogging. My husband and friends can tell you that I have an addictive personality which is why I choose not to consume alcohol or play the lottery. For a while I was addicted to Solitaire on the computer. Then came Text Twist, Tetris on my cell phone and a list of other computer generated games. My latest obsession is Facebook, and of course, blogging. But technology is not my only weak spot.
Let's discuss food. The current craving is Serendipty Salt from Chicken Express. I enjoyed it so much on my chicken that I Googled it and found the supplier is based not too far from my home. I ordered the 4lb bucket. (Hey, its cheaper than crack.) Also on my list of obsessions: chicken flautas from Taco Cabana, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, sweet tea and sloppy joes with cole slaw. How unfortunate that I can't be addicted to low-carb/calorie-good-for-you-foods. But then it wouldn't be called an addiction, it would be called "healthy living".
What's next? Oh. Television shows. I only have two, actually. The Office (season premiere tonight! Woot! Woot!) and American Idol (If I were younger and single, I'd be all over David Cook--yet another obsession).
The final addiction, or at least the last one I'm willing to speak about publicly, would be jewelry making. I spend hours on the internet looking at beads, materials and techniques. Then, I spend more hours sitting at my dining room table going through my bead repertoire. I'm always on the lookout for beads or other found objects I could possibly turn into jewelry. Always.
As you can see, I have an affinity for a wide variety of things. I fiercely love them. Fortunately, this has not led to any restraining orders, yet. Blogging is kind of like therapy for me. So if its therapeutic, then how could it be considered obsessive? Maybe I could re-phrase my original statement to, "Hello, my name is Denyse and I am an addict." Acknowledging there's a problem is the first step...

No comments: