Sunday, August 30, 2009

Really?

Ok, I've been trying to upload pictures for a week now from the first day of school...a week, I tell you. First my computer was out for repair, so I tried to use my old laptop which has been taken over by Hallie. Note to self: never give possession of a computer to a nine year old until you are absolutely sure you will never, ever need to retrieve anything from said computer again. Somehow, the photo program has been tampered with and now I can no longer download new pics or access old ones. They are still there...I just can't open them.
Once my new computer was repaired, I tried again. Only here's the deal: my MacBook doesn't have an SD slot for my memory card. How inconvenient! I have to find the cable, among the slew of other cables floating around my house that all look suspiciously alike but are really very different, and connect the camera to the MacBook via USB cord. Whew! But now guess what? The camera battery was dead so it wouldn't power on. Evidently this is a problem.
After recharging the battery, I was finally able to download pics onto the computer! Yay for me! I was ready to share with my "readers" all about the first day of school...because I know everyone has been waiting anxiously. But not so fast...
I'm a new convert to the Mac after many, many years of PCing. I'm loving so many of the features and already know I wouldn't go back to the world of Bill Gates; however, I'm still trying to figure out how to do things. One thing I cannot quite master is iPhoto. I'm not completely convinced the program is installed properly; but assuming it is, I can't get it to cooperate. This has set me back another few days.
Today though, I thought the stars had aligned just right. I finally have the MacBook, with the pictures on it, edited and ready to upload to Blogger. And still, success has eluded me yet again. Blogger says it's uploading my photos...but it lies. It is NOT uploading my photos...not even if I try to coax it into doing just one at a time. Not even for "pretty please with a cherry on top". Aaauuuughhhh!
But I refuse to admit defeat. Rest assured that I will not cease trying until all the I succeed in posting the pictures of my beloved children on their first day of school. Of course by the time I figure it out, I may be able to post them along side "end of year" pics as well...

2 comments:

Paisley said...

I love computers but sometimes they can drive me crazy. My experience usually means working for hours to get something to work and when I'm finally able to succeed it turns out to be something so simple to correct. I sometimes wonder if they don't have a mind of their own.

themil10s said...

You are too funny. I can totally relate to the cord dilemma. They should come clearly labeled with the name of their electronic counterpart. Then again, I guess I could do that…

I can totally relate to the cord dilemma.

-jmm