Saturday, August 1, 2009

CP25K--Week 1

We finished week one of the Couch to 5K training! Actually, a "week" is only 3 days, which I think is an excellent idea for not only exercise, but work in general. (Who wouldn't love a 3 day week with a four day weekend?) But I digress...

Anyway, the program is designed to last 9 weeks, running 3 times each week. While I'm pleased that I managed to complete the first week, I've been "on the couch" for a reaaaallllly long time, so Elizabeth has agreed to repeat Week 1.

Here is what I've noticed in the first week.
1. I'm drinking/craving more water throughout the day.
2. I find myself looking forward to running each night.
3. The workout is over before I know it and I feel like I've accomplished something.

Our friend Nancy joined us last night and asked, "Is there a particular 5K you're training for?" Pshh! Only if there's one that's run late at night under the cover of darkness...I've had a great first week, but let's not get crazy.

Anyways, thanks so much for the words of encouragement. From my neighbors theMil10s who could look out their window around 10:00 p.m. and get quite a giggle to my uber-healthy, granola-snacking, running-maniac friend Jamie--its nice to know there are people pulling for me at the finish line. =)

2 comments:

Jamie Mullins said...

Thanks Denyse!! I am REALLY looking forward to following your journey. SO proud of you...isn't it amazing how rewarding running is?!?!

mil10 said...

Way to go!!! Keep it up!!!