Monday, August 31, 2009

PRIDE

Tonight we went to "Meet the Teacher" night at Hometown High School because HannahKate is now a Freshman. It was extremely odd to walk the halls of HHS again and I almost got whiplash from the way I was thrown twenty (or so) years back in time. This particular campus was built/completed while BigJoel and I were still students. He was in the first group of Freshmen to attend all four years at "the new school". So it was fun meeting HannahKate's teachers, while reminiscing about having class in some of the very same rooms. As a matter of fact, HanK even has one of the same teachers that her daddy had. (All I can say is that poor woman has been around for-ev-er!) Joel's observation tonight was, "Gosh, this place doesn't seem nearly as big as I remember it."

While touring the school, I saw this sign outside one of the bathroom doors. It made me giggle just a bit. When I saw it the second time, I just had to have a picture. Seriously? Potty Pride? Sounds like an episode of Barney instead of high school, if you ask me. Anyway, since Blogger seems to be cooperating tonight, I wanted to share the picture. A little odd, but definitely some good points to keep in mind...
I guess we should always remember to take PRIDE in everything we do.

4 comments:

Sturgmom said...

I need that sign at my house! Not for me of course, but as a gentle reminder to the boys. Awesome!

Michelle B. said...

OMGosh Denyse, I saw that sign and laughed too! It is a whole new world at HHS--I think our class was the class that tore up said potties and restrooms! Oh, and R graduated waaaay before us and there are still *a few* teachers there from his days so long ago! Got love a hometown school. hee hee

The Wise Family said...

That's funny, funny, funny! Good ol' HHS!

Johanna said...

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. Can I still take pride in that?