Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Breakthrough

I love these girls. (This pic was taken in Arkansas at Thanksgiving.)
This past week was Spring Break and I must admit I was not looking forward to it. BigJoel left on Monday for a ridiculously long run of shows and Elizabeth, well, she's still off in Peru doing God's will. So honestly, I was afraid that this equation would add up to a week of whining, pouting and arguing (and that was just my part~I had no idea how the girls would act).
But I was pleasantly surprised. HanK worked with the youth group doing some local mission projects. Hallie spent one day with her Grammy. Both girls had friends over numerous times. We had breakfast for dinner at Monday Night Supper Club on Wednesday. We saw some movies, went shopping for Easter dresses and they helped me with a jewelry order.
So our break was nothing fancy or elaborate, just the girls enjoying a break from school and me enjoying the girls. I'm reminded that sometimes its the little things in life that make the best memories. And I'm also reminded how blessed I am to have two pretty awesome girls. (They definitely take after their daddy.)

1 comment:

Paisley said...

Sounds like a wonderful spring break!