Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of Year Meme--2009

I did this end of year meme last year, so I thought I'd make it a tradition by completing it again. However, most of my answers didn't change much. Does that make me boring?

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? go to the Emergency Room (as a patient)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I’m not a fan of resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not in my immediate “circle”

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? The Bahamas, Peru

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? self-discipline

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 9~crisis of belief

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? That’s tough to say...

9. What was your biggest failure? probably spending too much time on Facebook

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes! A freakish case of shingles and Bell’s Palsy followed by vertigo. I still can’t walk a straight line. (See the "I'm Donating My Body to Science" thread)

11. What was the best thing you bought? MacBook (sorry PC-ers, I’ve gone over to the other side)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my girls

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? my own =(

14. Where did most of your money go? Wal-Mart (again)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? U2 concert and various trips (Peru, cruise, Gulf Shores, Colorado, and Shepherd of the Ozarks for Thanksgiving)

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? How He Loves~David Crowder Band

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? a)happier, b)no comment, c)better

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? read

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? procrastinate...

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve & lunch with Joel's family; Christmas night with Joel, Paige, Mark, Elizabeth, Lee, and girls.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? more & more with BigJoel every day~we’ve been “together” for 24 years and married for 18. He still makes my heart happy.

22. What was your favorite TV program? American Idol, The Office

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No

24. What was the best book you read? Same Kind of Different As Me

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? NeedtoBreathe

26. What did you want and get? MacBook

27. What did you want and not get? an iPhone (its a long story, but I’m not bitter)

28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Blind Side

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Does it mean I'm old if I can't remember...?

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? better time management

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? comfy casual...jeans or “home pants”

32. What kept you sane? Jesus

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hard to say.

34.What political issue stirred you the most? hmmm, I’d rather not go there...

35. Who did you miss? my mother, still

36. Who was the best new person you met? Leora~technically I already knew her, but just got to know her better this year

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Life can change in an instant, fortunately God does not.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"I don’t have time to maintain these regrets

When I think about the way

He loves me"


No comments: