1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? went on a cruise
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions...too depressing when I fail.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Paige, but we didn't really get to know Em much til they moved back to Texas. Pretty much everyone else in my Girls Night Out group.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No immediate family, but several spiritual mentors.
5. What countries did you visit? Mexico, Peru
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? organization & time management...wait, this sounds suspiciously like a new year's resolution...
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hallie's 8th birthday, HannahKate's 13th and our 17th wedding anniversary
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? quitting my job
9. What was your biggest failure? quitting my job
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no, and neither did my family, thank goodness; except my dad did have surgery
11. What was the best thing you bought? hmmm, maybe my PalmCentro phone, but that was an upgrade so I didn't really buy it...does that count?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? HannahKate, at times;
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Oprah, professional atheletes
14. Where did most of your money go? Wal-Mart
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? New York City trip
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? David Cook's Idol performance of "Music of the Night" love. love. LOVE David Cook and we saw "Phantom" on Broadway in October
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? a)happier, b)like I'm gonna admit that, c)financially poorer, but richer in contentment
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? travel
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? procrastinate...hey, this also sounds like a resolution...
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve & lunch with Joel's family; Christmas night with Joel, Paige, Elizabeth, Lee, and HannahKate's friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? more & more with BigJoel every day
22. What was your favorite TV program? American Idol
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no, still loathing the usual suspects (just kidding)
24. What was the best book you read? The Shack
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Brooke Fraser
26. What did you want and get? metal-stamping kit
27. What did you want and not get? must not have needed it very badly because I can't remember
28. What was your favorite film of this year? possibly The Kiterunner; but I did enjoy the midnight premiere of Twilight although more for the experience than the cinematic greatness
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Sambuca with Elizabeth and Nancy; enjoyed family & friends; and if you really must know, I turned 41...ack!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? hypothetically, a million dollars, but realistically, not a thing
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I spent as much time in my pajamas as possible without embarrassing my children in public.
32. What kept you sane? Jesus
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? David Cook; and I was intrigued by Sarah Palin
34. What political issue stirred you the most? the lack of respect for our current President
35. Who did you miss? my mother
36. Who was the best new person you met? Robyn! She rocks!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. There is a difference between saying you believe something and living out your beliefs.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I sing because I'm happy.
I sing because I'm free.
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches me."
***I'm afraid I originally neglected to give credit where credit is due. I totally lifted this meme from Monica at Transplanting Me. I really enjoy stalking, er, following her blog.***