Friday, December 26, 2008

The 1st Ever QuirkyBee Christmas Bazaar

I'm a glutton for punishment. Always have been. Back in November, I mentioned to Paige and Elizabeth that I was thinking about maybe, possibly having an open house to try to move along some of my excess jewelry inventory and take custom orders for Christmas. I asked if they would like to provide refreshments since they were also thinking about maybe, possibly starting a cupcake business. But, the more I thought about it, the more I talked myself out of it. What if nobody comes? Would they be disappointed once they got there? It's a very busy weekend. I have to clean my house...and so on. So a few days later, when I casually mentioned to Paige and Elizabeth that I'd decided against the open house, Elizabeth informed me that they had already planned the menu and started advertising. (Eager-beaver, over-achiever) And so The 1st Ever QuirkyBee Christmas Bazaar was in the works for the first Saturday in December.

We didn't do a lot of publicity, just a Facebook invite and a few flyers. We had no idea what to expect. But all in all, it was a lot of fun. There was a pretty steady stream of visitors the entire time. I got several jewelry orders (which is one reason I haven't blogged much lately, because I was working feverishly like one of Santa's elves trying to get them finished in time for Christmas). Gert & Lillie's cupcakes were a tremendous success. Paige and Elizabeth made their first sale, took holiday orders and booked at least one event. It also turned out that our new friend Robyn was in town seeking support for the orphanage in Peru, so she set up an information table as well. I didn't get a single picture of my table display...I was a little frazzled. But I did get these great pics of the other gals that helped make the Bazaar a tremendous success. Be sure to check out their links! And mark your calendars for the 2nd Annual QuirkyBee Christmas Bazaar next December...



Gert & Lillie's Cupcakery (aka) Paige & Elizabeth


Robyn from Hogar de Esperanza

So being a glutton for punishment isn't always bad...especially when good friends are involved! And cupcakes. Yes...good friends and cupcakes!

1 comment:

SuZ said...

Ooooohhh! Fun!! I would've come if I lived anywhere near you. :) And a cupcake business? Oh, talk about a dream of mine!!!