Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Perfect Day for Pate

A few weeks ago, Joel asked me to go to the Pate Auto Swap Meet in Ft. Worth. I figure after all the craft shows, trade days at Canton and bead stores I've dragged him to, it was the least I could do. We had an amazing day. On the way we stopped at a cycle store and looked at a bike. I only wish he could have driven it off the lot.

Then we went to the "world famous" Ranchman's Steakhouse in Ponder and had the most delicious chicken fried steak! I got the half order, but Big Joel went for the real deal. It was the largest entree I've ever seen! Unfortunately, we ate so much, there was no room for dessert.

We finally made it to the Swap Meet at the Texas MotorSpeedway. It was the first day, so unfortunately not all the vendors were there yet. Joel wasn't really looking for anything in particular, so we just enjoyed the day. Of course the people at the meet were much more interesting than the items for sale. The only purchase we made was a set of large 3/4" letters for me to make stamped jewelry. It was a great day. Can't wait for next year's Pate.

No comments: