Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekly Pic--More (not Less) Miserables

In preparation for our upcoming trip to New York in October, we've been trying to decide what musical we'd like to see. Elizabeth, always on the cutting edge of coolness, has made several suggestions, none of which I'm familiar with. I, on the other hand, am not above wanting to see a cliche, tourist-trap, run of the mill show such as Cats, Phantom, or Wicked even though I've already seen it in Dallas. I just think surely there's something about seeing it "on Broadway" that I missed by seeing it at the "State Fair". Anyway, for this trip to NYC, I decided I might try to persuade the others to accompany me to my all-time-favorite musical "Les Miserables". However, Elizabeth, in her infinite knowing-whats-chic-ness, informed me that Les Mis is no longer running on Broadway. I checked, and of course, she is correct. Oh, miserable day! So this Weekly Pic is dedicated to Eponine, my favorite misunderstood musical heroine. I can't remember when I took this in New York, but I think it might have been last year. If only I'd known then what I know now, I'd have gladly given up seeing The Color Purple to "Hear the People Sing" about the "Castle on a Cloud" for "One More Day". Alas, "I Dreamed a Dream".

1 comment:

The Shaffers said...

I made it to your blog! I have to say that you should not be afraid of the new musicals! There are some really great ones out there. There is a charm to seeing the old ones, and Les Mis is an excellent one! So good luck at your musical!