Thursday, July 3, 2008

Weekly Pic--The Narrow Way


Ok, so I'm not a very good, photographer. I would like to be, but that would probably involve reading the manual for my camera which doesn't really excite me. So instead, I'll just continue fiddling around with the settings, taking dozens of pictures in hopes of getting one really great one that captures "the essence" of whatever moment I'm trying to immortalize. I've decided to start a Weekly Pic thread in which I choose one photo to post. These are the photos I say to myself, "One day, I'm going to enlarge this one and frame it." Of course I don't really ever do that, so maybe this will help me feel a bit less guilty about all those amazing pictures that are hung in digital Purgatory on my computer.

So, for Week 1, I present "The Narrow Way". It was taken in Pisaq for no other reason than that I was fascinated with the Incan water canals. I think it turned out pretty good considering I was in a bus traveling down a street almost as narrow as the one pictured at about 50 mph.

No comments: