Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Thoughts...for a Change

Upon realizing how long its been since my last post, and then upon realizing that most of my posts are laced with bitterness regarding the church, I decided to talk about something positive, upbeat and exciting. As of June 5, I will become a "stay-at-home mom". I've resigned my position at the school where I've worked for the past 11 years in order to spend more time at home with my two daughters. Of course there's a whole boat-load of emotions, thoughts, rants and fears that go with this decision, but since I'm trying to be positive, upbeat and exciting in this particular post I'll save those for another day. So, what am I going to do with all my "free" time? I'm not sure but here are a few things on my list:

1. Organize our house and regain control over the clutter. Flylady is going to be my new best friend.

2. Be intentional about spending time with the girls since I'll no longer have the excuse of being too tired from a stressful day at work.

3. Work on jewelry a little each day, which includes, but is not limited to:

learning to do hand-stamped silver pieces

perfecting the "guitar string" bracelet

getting some listings in my Etsy shop (which is currently empty, but I'll link to it anyway because I just figured out how to do this and I think its cool)

4. Stay up way too late at night since I won't have to get up early in the mornings :)

5. Blog more faithfully...

Since its 2:30 a.m., I seem to be getting a head start on #4. Good thing tomorrow is a holiday.

No comments: